Accessing your files using the IFC Cloud Web interface
Files using the IFC Cloud Web interface : -
You can access your IFC cloud files with the Nextcloud Web interface and create, preview, edit, delete, share, and re-share files. Your Nextcloud administratorhas the option to disable these features, so if any of them are missing on your system ask your server administrator.
You can assign tags to files. To create tags, open a file to the Details view.Then type your tags. To enter more than one tag press the return key aftercreating each tag. All tags are system tags, and are shared by all users on yourNextcloud server.
Use the Details view to add and read comments on any file or folder. Comment share visible to everyone who has access to the file
Sharing status icons
Any folder that has been shared is marked with the
Shared overlay icon.Public link shares are marked with a chain link. Un-shared folders are blank.
Creating or uploading files and directories
The New button provides the following options:
- Up arrow
- Upload files from your computer into Nextcloud. You can also upload files bydragging and dropping them from your file manager.
- Text file
- Creates a new text file and adds the file to your current folder.
- Creates a new folder in the current folder.
Selecting files or folders
You can select one or more files or folders by clicking on their check boxes. To select all files in the current directory, click on the check box located at thetop of the files listing.
When you select multiple files, you can delete all of them, or download them asa ZIP file by using the
Download buttons that appear at thetop.
Filtering the files view
The left sidebar on the Files page contains several filters for quickly sorting and managing your files.
- All files :-
- Favorites :-
- Files or folders marked with the yellow star.
- Shared with you :-
- Displays all files shared with you by another user or group.
- Shared with others :-
- Displays all files that you have shared with other users or groups.
- Shared by link :-
- Displays all files that are shared by you via public link.
- External Storage (optional) :-
- Files that you have access to on external storage devices and services suchas Dropbox, Google, and Amazon S3.
You can move files and folders by dragging and dropping them into any directory.
Change in share expiration date
In older versions of Nextcloud, you could set an expiration date on both localand public shares. Now you can set an expiration date only on public shares,and local shares do not expire when public shares expire. The only way to“expire” a local share is to click the trash can icon to un-share your files.
Creating or connecting to a Federation Share link
Federated Cloud Sharing allows you to mount file shares from remote Nextcloudservers, and manage them just like a local share. In Nextcloud 9 the process forcreating a new sharing link is easier and more streamlined. SeeUsing Federation Shares to learn to how to create and connect to newFederated Cloud shares.